Monday, November 28, 2011

the importance of Spatial Analysis and Modelling (from the Water Forum)

Lately i have been travelling a lot. Among others, I participated in the 3rd Water forum held in South Africa and organised by the Challenge Program on Water and Food. The meeting brought together scientists who works on similar projects and issues than me but from 6 different basins. During this conference, with my colleges, I co-organised a session on spatial analysis and modelling. We are convinced that there is lot of scope in understanding better what works were, how water flows and its downstream effects as well as linking bio-physical models to socio-economic models. 
I got the chance to explain the Ethiopian case and why it is so important to be able to model it spatially on the following postcast :
Show all

more about the challenge program on food and water can be found under http://www.waterandfood.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment